28 abril 2013

I am falling in love again

Returning from Lithuania- email originally sent to my co-hosting team

It has been a crazy, soft landing here in the dutchlands...yesterday we went and saw the band Counting Crows playing.

You know, I've been a fan o them for years and years... And this was the first time I went to their gig. The crazy thing is that they are still playing together after all this time, they have grown into their music and each other. They still play the same "classics" of when they were 20's - and used to come to Amsterdam to get stoned - but every so often they are re- arranging them. Because I am the kind of fan who is not on top of any new album - cause I simply like the one I used to listen when me and my girlfriends were getting dressed to go to parties - it was rather weird to be in their gig yesterday, I could not sing the songs they have been paying for so long. They have grown with each other, but I haven't. Their music is and will still be the one I used to listen to when I was starting to date, when my friends and I would go partying together. It turned out that their music is no longer theirs, but minet too. I share with them the ownership of it - in a way... Cause wasn't for me, along with all the others thousands of fan, they would not still be able to be on that stage performing their old classics remixed and their new inventions...Which probably attract a whole bunch of new fans nowadays.

Yesterday though, I had this double feeling of being a part of it as much as not. I was eager to sing and dance with them (like we do in a gig), but their songs have become so different, without me having followed their changes, that we could almost not say one phrase together. I could know what were the classics, but something in me wasn't as touched as it used to, simply because they have changed, as much as I...I wish only they had sang 1 or 2 like they used to. And truly believe they would have had the audience going crazy!

The whole experience is now making me think about us - 15 years from now... 10 years... 5 years... 1 year.... 1 week... 1day... Where do I want to be? It made me re-member that a vision is a setting point in space which can be happening now if I let go of controlling time...And just live the time of my life, every second, every day!

You have made me free again, your invitation has awaken in me the magic I had been longing for in this long long winter... Your ability to keep sharing and sharing the love, the fire, the crazyness, the seriousness, the subtle, the fear, the trembling, has trembled in me the last cover of thin ice...

(to continue click on each blue buttom at a time)

And now I am listening to the Old Counting Crows knowing that I am no longer that girl, but the dreams she had when she would listen to their stories. I've become it.

I am becoming my dream.... "with a little help from my friends"...

And now, just now, time has become time for some new beginning....

I am taking a "creative holiday" to Lithuania

Cause, once again, I am accidentally in love

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário